Spondylolisthesis is a condition where the bone of the vertebra in the spine slips out of position.
Spondylolisthesis can result from several different causes:
- For children, this can be a birth defect or from trauma.
- Other causes can be bone diseases, traumatic fractures, and stress fractures.
- For adults, the most common cause of the slip is degenerative diseases.
- Low back ache
- Pain depending on where the fracture is.
- Muscle pain
- Muscle spasms
- Loss of range of motion
First step toward diagnosis will be a physical exam by one of our physicians. Spondylolisthesis can also be diagnosed by X-Ray, MRI, or CT scan.
We have several methods of treating spondylolisthesis.
- Bracing, Physical Therapy and Injections
- Surgery. If symptoms increase, surgical treatment may be required. Surgical treatment can often be provided in an outpatient setting with a minimally invasive surgical procedure. The procedures are completed either in our spine dedicated surgical center or the local spine accredited hospital.
- Possible surgeries include Minimally Invasive Laminectomy, Minimally Invasive Laminectomy and Fusion (TLIF).